* Use babel to import table data from OpenDocument spreadsheets?
@ 2013-07-02 14:10 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-07-02 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Just wondering if anyone out there has some magic code snippets that will automatically bring in data from a LibreOffice spreadsheet during HTML export.

I think I could save, by hand, the required worksheets out of the ods file into separate CSVs, and then write an emacs-lisp Babel block to import the table from file -- presumably this would run the lisp function at export time.

But it would be so much slicker if something could go into the ods file directly and return the results in org table format. If somebody has already done something like this, it would save me quite a bit of time.

If not, I would have to weigh my available time (not much), the time it would take to implement (maybe not extremely difficult, but not trivial either, especially if it involves digging through LibreOffice library documentation) and the weekly time I would save by just hitting C-e h h, instead of doing another manual process before C-e h h.

(Or possibly an alternative would be to write a macro in LibreOffice to write the CSV files and run that from the commandline as part of the org export process.)

Thanks -- this is just, no harm in asking. Otherwise I'll deal with it some other way.

hjh