* Export to OpenDocument text doesn't work in org-mode 8.3.4
@ 2016-04-21 12:07 Lohan G
From: Lohan G @ 2016-04-21 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am running org-mode version 8.3.4 with Emacs 24.5.1. I believe this is
the latest stable version of org-mode. I want to export some of my org
files to Open Document format. But it does not show the option to export
to Open Document ("export as OpenDocument Text")

BUT, I got another machine that runs org-mode 7.9.3f with Emacs 24.3.1
and it shows this option among several other exports including Doc Book
and LaTex.

What should I do to enable this option in the latest version of org-mode?

Regards,
Lohan

* Re: Export to OpenDocument text doesn't work in org-mode 8.3.4
@ 2016-04-21 12:39 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2016-04-21 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Lohan G <lohang@riseup.net> writes:

> I am running org-mode version 8.3.4 with Emacs 24.5.1. I believe this is
> the latest stable version of org-mode. I want to export some of my org
> files to Open Document format. But it does not show the option to export
> to Open Document ("export as OpenDocument Text")
>
> BUT, I got another machine that runs org-mode 7.9.3f with Emacs 24.3.1
> and it shows this option among several other exports including Doc Book
> and LaTex.
>
> What should I do to enable this option in the latest version of org-mode?

Quick guess: You want to look at
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/106198.

Marco

* Re: Export to OpenDocument text doesn't work in org-mode 8.3.4
@ 2016-04-21 12:40 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2016-04-21 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lohan G; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Probably you need to put this in an init file:

(require 'ox-odt)

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Export to OpenDocument text doesn't work in org-mode 8.3.4
       [not found] <3b2069eeb0e04ec8b29a616b73424e7a@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-04-21 12:45 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-04-21 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lohan G; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Thursday, 21 Apr 2016 at 12:07, Lohan G wrote:
> I am running org-mode version 8.3.4 with Emacs 24.5.1. I believe this is
> the latest stable version of org-mode. I want to export some of my org
> files to Open Document format. But it does not show the option to export
> to Open Document ("export as OpenDocument Text")

For version 8.x of org, you need to

(require 'ox-odt)

to enable ODT export.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.91.1, Org release_8.3.4-655-g9fb077

* Re: Export to OpenDocument text doesn't work in org-mode 8.3.4
@ 2016-04-21 13:05   ` Lohan G
From: Lohan G @ 2016-04-21 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 04/21/2016 06:10 PM, John Kitchin wrote:
> Probably you need to put this in an init file:
>
> (require 'ox-odt)

Thank you very much! It worked!

-Lohan