* Testimony on how to publish a book using Org-mode
@ 2020-01-27 10:59 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-01-27 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I recently met the authors of this book, entirely publish using
Org-mode: https://ima.circex.org/storie/0-intro/index.html

They explain how they do this here:
https://ima.circex.org/vulgo_en.html

I thought it might be of interest for those hackers who want to
dive in and try publishing large texts with Org-mode.

Please send me a private email if you want to get in touch with
one of the author for details on their setup.

Enjoy!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Testimony on how to publish a book using Org-mode
@ 2020-01-27 19:20 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2020-01-27 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This sounds pretty interesting. I have been thinking for a while about a
setup for scientific publishing with org-mode. I am curious to learn
more about what they have setup. I will probably spend some time this
spring updating how I do this kind of thing myself.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Testimony on how to publish a book using Org-mode
@ 2020-01-28  1:08 ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2020-01-28  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At first glance this is indeed interesting and I must study it
carefully. Thank you for pointing this out.

I have published quite a number of books (both fiction and
non-fiction) starting with org-mode. Inevitably, though, there
is lots of hand work with LaTeX, and anything to reduce that
will be very welcome.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

* Re: Testimony on how to publish a book using Org-mode
@ 2020-01-28 15:43   ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2020-01-28 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hi everyone,

I have self-published 3 books so far written with org-mode, using Leanpub.
I have been meaning to write a proper post about my setup, which allows me
a fully-automated export from org-mode to the Leanpub format and structure.
In the meantime, if anyone is interested, you can see my config here:
https://zzamboni.org/post/my-emacs-configuration-with-commentary/#publishing-to-leanpub

(one of the reasons I haven't written the post is that my modules are not
yet in MELPA, I hope to get some time to do it soon)

Cheers,
--Diego

@ 2020-01-28 15:58     ` Devin Prater
From: Devin Prater @ 2020-01-28 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)