Gustav Wikström writes: > Hi again, > > Patch is attached. It's not applied yet as it doesn't include anything > about user-configuration yet. @Matt Lundin, care to elaborate what you > had in mind in terms of that? > > With this patch a link before first headline is stored with the > filename (no path) as description. Following the link does what you'd > expect. Tests ran fine with the patch applied. Hi Gustav, Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Thanks for applying this. It makes the behavior consistent. What I was thinking of in terms of configuration is being able to preserve path-based links (instead of IDs) if creating a link above the first headline. This is the behavior that existed in the past when org-id-link-to-org-use-id was set to t or 'create-if-interactive-and-no-custom-id. I've attached a patch that implements this. However, I also know that we are trying to avoid configuration/feature creep in Org, so I'm submitting this here for comments. Is this a configuration other people want? If not, it would be easy enough for me to hack this through advice-add. Best, Matt