From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: jman <emacs-orgmode@city17.xyz>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Understanding Publish (ox-publish.el)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2024 10:37:59 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

The default document class is article.

1. First issue:

Not quite sure what you mean by saying that it "does not handle content
exceeding the page length". If the problem is with placing images,
tables etc., latex does its best, and manually adding \clearpage or
\newpage as needed tends to be the way it's done.

If what you want is automatic page breaks before every section and
subsection, you can try this trick at the beginning of the document:

  #+latex: \AddToHook{cmd/section/before}{\clearpage}
  #+latex: \AddToHook{cmd/subsection/before}{\clearpage}

(This only kicks in after the table of contents; if you want a page break
before the ToC as well, replace #+latex with #+latex_header.)

If you have an old latex installation, the above may not work. Try this instead:

  #+latex: \let\oldsection\section\renewcommand\section{\clearpage\oldsection}
  #+latex: \let\oldsubsection\subsection\renewcommand\subsection{\clearpage\oldsubsection}

2. Second issue: Getting rid of link borders.

To use hidelinks without options clashing, try this:

  #+latex_class_options: [hidelinks]

However, if you just want the ugly borders gone but would prefer the
links to stand out, you can instead customize the variable
org-latex-hyperref-template by adding `colorlinks=true'. You can play with
the color options as well; to get you started:

(setq org-latex-hyperref-template
   "\\hypersetup{\n pdfauthor={%a},\n pdftitle={%t},\n
pdfkeywords={%k},\n pdfsubject={%d},\n pdfcreator={%c},\n
pdflang={%L},\n colorlinks=true,\n urlcolor=blue,\n linkcolor=blue\n,
citecolor=green}")

Yours,
Christian