Hi Carsten, At Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:29:04 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > > On Aug 28, 2011, at 3:58 PM, David Maus wrote: > > > Hi Carsten, > > > > At Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:13:21 +0200, > > Carsten Dominik wrote: > >> I am wondering, why did you choose to skip invisible headlines? > >> I would worry that this introduces inconsistent behavior and also > >> makes it hard to use this feature in a programmatic way. > > > > Good points. I though of skipping invisible headlines as a way to > > control which headlines are 'looped over' but if this is inconsistent > > with already present behaviour of Org mode or Emacs in general we can > > scratch that idea. > > Yes, let's do that. > > > > > What brings up the question: What is the current behavior of Org mode > > with regards to operations in a region? > > I think almost everything that iterates over a number of > headlines will also do the invisible ones. Exceptions are > exporting/copying the visible headlines, and probably something else I > am not remembering. I'll investigate this. Maybe the customization variable could control all operations on headlines in active region. Current proposal does not feel good because it only controls some. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de