From: Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm>
To: Neil Jerram <neiljerram@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: ob-scheme haunted source code block?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 11:07:14 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Jan 21 2020, Neil Jerram wrote:
> OK, up to this point I am thinking: this is all quite curious,
> but
> presumably not really a big problem, as you surely don't need to
> use this
> rather strange workflow...

Mind you, that's not my normal workflow. I normally just do =C-'=
to edit a source block, =C-'= to finish the edit and return to the
Org file, and then =C-c C-c= to evaluate the source block. The
rest was just to try and find out where the problem lies.

>> The weirdest thing about this is that the problem is
>> persistent. I
>> restarted Emacs and in my desperation even rebooted the
>> computer,
>> but to no avail.
>
> But this is indeed weird.  Are you saying that you can reboot
> your
> computer, restart Emacs, open the relevant Org file, evaluate
> the source
> block (without any C-c ') and you still see the problem?

Yes, that was what was happening. I suspected there might be some
history being kept somewhere, that's why I grepped through my
=~/.emacs.d/= directory.

> If so, I wonder if it's a real but intermittent problem in your
> code that
> was somehow made more likely by the original workflow, and now
> you're just
> being unlucky?

The code was fairly straightforward (and not even mine... It came
directly from SICP), so I doubt that had much to do with it.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to put this down as a Heisenbug. The
problem disappeared after a while and I can't reproduce it: Going
through the steps that I thought triggered the bug doesn't
recreate it. Weird.

Thanks for reading and apologies for wasting everyone's time...

Joost