* equal syntax highlighting for publishing code blocks to html and pdf
@ 2019-12-26 18:34 Johannes Brauer
       [not found] ` <gtgq2ENI7XZ0oW25n6FBp-9xejE6p6qXvCyA4q6yI2vq4UjIAPMo3ZkKPYZv6_Ne8HmjbWBRGayPrX7D7CVUFA==@protonmail.internalid>
From: Johannes Brauer @ 2019-12-26 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi!
Frequently I publish org-mode documents containing source code blocks to html (htmlize) and pdf (minted). I would like to see the same colors in both export types. But
I cannot figure out, what’s the best way to achieve this.

Has anyone solved this problem? Are there any hints?

Johannes

* Re: equal syntax highlighting for publishing code blocks to html and pdf
@ 2020-02-01  9:28 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-01  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Brauer <brauer@nordakademie.de> writes:

> Frequently I publish org-mode documents containing source code blocks
> to html (htmlize) and pdf (minted). I would like to see the same
> colors in both export types. But
> I cannot figure out, what’s the best way to achieve this.
>
> Has anyone solved this problem? Are there any hints?

I don't know how to do this and I guess it's difficult.

If you find a solution, please mention it here, others may be
interested.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: equal syntax highlighting for publishing code blocks to html and pdf
@ 2020-02-01 13:50   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2020-02-01 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Johannes Brauer

My guess is you have two options:

1. Customize the colors in minted to match what is on your screen. I am
pretty sure that code in html looks very much like what is on your screen.
This might be an entry point to customizing minted style.
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/131456/customize-comment-color-in-minted-style

2. Customize the faces emacs uses for syntax highlighting to match the look
in minted.

either way, I don't see a simple way to have a common theme between them,
and they will probably always have some minor differences. It might be
easier to hack a new exporter for src blocks that turns the htmlized code
into latex markup perhaps.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2020-02-01 14:53   ` Norman Tovey-Walsh
From: Norman Tovey-Walsh @ 2020-02-01 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Bastien writes:
>> Frequently I publish org-mode documents containing source code blocks
>> to html (htmlize) and pdf (minted). I would like to see the same
>> colors in both export types. But
>> I cannot figure out, what’s the best way to achieve this.
>>
>> Has anyone solved this problem? Are there any hints?

On casual inspection, HTML export seems to derive the colors from the
way Emacs has fontified the buffer. It appears to insert the colors
literally, which I guess it has to if it’s going to base them on face
properties.

> If you find a solution, please mention it here, others may be
> interested.

I think there are two plausible ways forward. If you like the colors
used by minted, you can try changing the faces in Emacs to match them.
If you like the colors used by Emacs, you can change the colors used by
minted to match. Minted appears to use pygments, so you could create
your own style[1] and then use that style in your documents[2].

My own approach to printed output[3] doesn’t use minted yet, so I
haven’t actually tried to do any of these things :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

[1] https://pygments.org/docs/styles/
[2] https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/218556/style-pygments-at-pythontex
[3] https://so.nwalsh.com/2020/01/05-latex

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The fact that an opinion has been
https://nwalsh.com/                 | widely held is no evidence
                                    | whatever that it is not utterly
                                    | absurd; indeed in view of the
                                    | silliness of the majority of
                                    | mankind, a widespread belief is
                                    | more likely to be foolish than
                                    | sensible.--Bertrand Russell

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: equal syntax highlighting for publishing code blocks to html and pdf
@ 2020-02-29 10:55     ` Johannes Brauer
From: Johannes Brauer @ 2020-02-29 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org