* First steps exporting to tex
@ 2021-04-03  9:31 Ypo
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Ypo @ 2021-04-03  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good morning

After reading your interesting advices, I've decided to start my path
through LaTeX. I have been some hours trying to start, with little
result, but I hope that once established a *workflow* the results will
come and the new invested time will be directed just to get better and
better results.

My doubts:

    a. As first step for my workflow, it seems convenient to use a
    "template" with the LaTeX preambles. So maybe the many existing
    LaTeX templates can be used quickly with orgmode. I found several
    options and opinions. Which one is the best way?

     1.   #+SETUPFILE: template.setup -> doesn't seem the ideal way,
        because the template.setup file must be modified adding
        #+latex_class to each of the lines.
     2.   template.tex -> this could be added to the SETUPFILE:
        #+LATEX_HEADER: \input{template.tex}. But it seems to have no
        effect on the PDF output. BTW, I can't use emacs HOME path (~/)
        in the input header, like \input{~//export//template.tex}. This
        is my template.tex file content:
        \usepackage{fancyhdr}
        \thispagestyle{fancy}
        \lhead{\includegraphics[width=4cm]{jpg.jpg}}
        \rhead{Student Name: Name\\
        Student ID: 1234\\
        Course: IDB 601 (Fall 2020)}
     3. Another friend told me that .sty templates were the best way.
     4. I see some people that create customized LaTeX classes and add
        the desired class to the orgmode buffer.
     5. Also we can see this intricate transformation of a LaTeX
        template into orgmode. How to Migrate LaTeX Template into
        org-mode
        <https://github.com/Literate-DevOps/literate-programming-tutorials/blob/master/how-to/00-convert-latex-template-into-org-mode-template/how-to-migrate-latex-template-into-org-mode.org#how-to-migrate-latex-template-into-org-mode>
     6. ...

    b. I think that in a good integration, every character shown on
    orgmode should be exported into the PDF output. For example "CENTRE
    LINE SYMBOL": ℄
         How can this integration be done?

    I have more doubts, but I will keep reading and trying to solve them

    Best regards