Max Nikulin writes: > See the "Link type, Available keywords" table in this section. > `org-capture' may be executed in various Emacs buffers and available > keywords may depend on major mode. Is it necessary to call "org-store-link" before calling "org-capture" to extracet the informations used by theses keywords ? Or did I missundertant how it work ? I found the documentation unclear about this. Is there a way to discover the keywords that a major mode provide to a capture template ? Max Nikulin writes: > Some time ago I tried %(exp) elisp snippets in templates (untested) > > "* [[%:link][%:description]] > #+BEGIN_QUOTE > %i > #+END_QUOTE > %(let ((bla (plist-get (plist-get org-store-link-plist :query) :bla))) > (or bla "No bla"))" > > emacsclient > 'org-protocol:/capture?template=s&title=Hello&body=World&url=http:%2F%2Fexample.com&bla=foo' A new parameter added to the org-protocol url is only accessible through the ":query" key ? It will not create a new "%:keywoard" automatically ? What I would love to do, is creating a Firefox extension that can extract different metadata from known well known web site and pass them to an Org-mode capture through org-protocol. For example, for a book, extracting author, title, year, etc. And then, I could simply create a capture template that would use the keywords "%:author", "%:title", etc. I was also thinking, instead of a Firefox extension, creating an Elisp function that take a web page URL as parameter, extract the metadata from the web page and then call Org-capture providing the keywords "%:author", "%:title", etc, to the template. But I don't know how to do the last part and I cant found documentation about it. And with this second solution, I don't know how to make it work with org-protocol. As an org-protocol call result directly in an Org-capture call. And extracting metadata from Firefox give more flexibility on manually selecting information to extract on the web page.