David Maus wrote: >[1 ] >Eric Schulte wrote: >>Hi, >>Given the current setup, sending messages with multiple multipart >>sections is simply one optional way of using the `org-mime-htmlize' >>function. By default when `org-mime-htmlize' is called without an >>active region the entire message body is encoded as a single MIME >>multipart/alternative -- the simpler approach you advocate below. >>That said, I'm not sure what you are arguing for. Are you arguing that >>the option to send multiple multipart/alternative sections be removed? >Yes I would remove it until some further investigations into the world >of MIME and MUAs. It can be easily added later. Okay, gave it a thought and here is my uber argument: Even if a MUA renders the entire message it will inevitably look ugly: Because the characters in the pure text/plain section will be rendered completely different than the characters in the html markup. The entire message will look inconsistent. -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de