Carsten Dominik wrote: >Dear all, >I am having a lot of trouble keeping up with everything here in emacs- >orgmode, in combination with the rest of my life. >Is there anyone who would be willing to step up as a co-maintainer, at >least for some time? >The tasks would include looking at small patches people submit, making >decision about whether to apply them, checking copyright issues, and >applying the patches. I will be around, so important decisions can be >deferred to me. I do have some time at hand I can spend for maintenance tasks of Org. As Thomas S. Dye has pointed out in [mid:143D63FD-E8F2-4B1C-ABFD-DB11159E53CA@tsdye.com] something that seems to be missing in Org development is kind of a queue for open issues.[1] IMO setting up patchwork as a semi-automated tracking system is a good idea: As far as I could see from various projects that use patchwork it actually /is/ kind of an issue tracker, tracking this special kind of issues, patches. If it is possible the patchwork installation should not publish the submitters' mail addresses -- currently the submitter's name is displayed with a mailto: link that contains the email address. Tracking patches with patchwork would leave open the question of other kinds of issues: Bug reports w/o patches, feature requests, and general user questions. I'll try to track these issues and after I've found a suitable work flow maybe put a file with open issues on Worg. Both systems would form a queue of things to be done: The organizing task consists of (a) reviewing non-patch-issues and (b) reviewing open patch-issues in patchwork and (c) make decisions (e.g. apply patch, comment, etc.). This is something I volunteer to do. HTH -- David [1] todo.org in ORGWEBPAGE is definitely out of date (git blame) -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de