Johan Friis wrote: >Setting up capture to use templates from file in the latest git seemed >to cause some errors. I looked into it and wrote this small patch. It >could probably use some love, seeing as I am quite new to org-mode, >elisp and emacs in general. Welcome aboard! >The error I was getting was related to testing (string-match ...) on >a list. The fix is to check if txt is a list before doing the test. In >addition I updated the customize interface to use `file' instead of >`file-contents'. This seems to be the current way of doing things. Yep, I can reproduce the error. Some comments on the proposed fix: Using (not (listp txt)) works but is not exactly what we want to check. To avoid string-match failing txt must be a string. Obviously a string is not a list but "not a list" is not necessarily a string. (when (or (not txt) (stringp txt)) (when (or (not txt) (not (string-match "\\S-" txt)))) ...) If we need to make sure txt is a string before calling string-match, we can put the check in front of string-match. (when (or (not txt) (and (stringp txt) (not (string-match "\\S-" txt)))) ...) We can do this because the Lisp interpreter leaves the `and' as soon as one of it's arguments is nil. I.e. (not (string-match "\\S-" txt)) is not evaluated if (stringp txt) returns nil. >Please note: This is my first time posting here. Please let me know if >there are some rules to follow that I missed. And thanks for a great >piece of software :) Current rules are documented here: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.php HTH, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de