* Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-10-03 13:18 Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2013-10-03 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[ Ubuntu; Org 8.2 ]

I've defined this:

     (setq org-todo-keywords
           '((sequence "TODO" "PENDING" "|" "CANCELED" "DONE")))

And then created a simple, repeating task:

     ** TODO Mow the lawn
     <2013-10-03 Thu +1w>

When I use `t' or "C-c C-t", the keywords change from TODO, to PENDING,
to CANCELED, and then repeat *only those three states*.

Shouldn't I be able to use the above to mark the this week's task as DONE?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious!
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj

* Re: Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-11-06 12:41 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-06 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Jacker; +Cc: khj, emacs-orgmode

Hi Kenneth,

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

> When I use `t' or "C-c C-t", the keywords change from TODO, to PENDING,
> to CANCELED, and then repeat *only those three states*.
>
> Shouldn't I be able to use the above to mark the this week's task as DONE?

If you use fast TODO selection like this

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO PENDING | CANCELED DONE(d)

(note the (d) after DONE) then you'll be able to set the task DONE,
but the presence of the repeater will still let the TODO state switch
to the next one, namely "TODO".

Maybe we should introduce a way to ignore the repeater -- is anyone
missing this too?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-11-12 20:59   ` Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2013-11-12 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  bzg> Hi Kenneth,

Hello, Bastien!

Sorry to have taken so long to reply ...

  >> When I use `t' or "C-c C-t", the keywords change from TODO, to PENDING,
  >> to CANCELED, and then repeat *only those three states*.
  >>
  >> Shouldn't I be able to use the above to mark the this week's task as DONE?

  bzg> If you use fast TODO selection like this

  bzg> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO PENDING | CANCELED DONE(d)

  bzg> (note the (d) after DONE) then you'll be able to set the task DONE,

Great minds think alike?  ;-)

That's what I ended up using soon after my ML posting.

  bzg> but the presence of the repeater will still let the TODO state
  bzg> switch to the next one, namely "TODO".

Yes.

I'm still a bit baffled by the behavior of "repeaters" ...

  bzg> Maybe we should introduce a way to ignore the repeater -- is anyone
  bzg> missing this too?

Not that important to me ... at least for now ... still trying to learn
how to use the more basic (viz., task scheduling) elements within Org.

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

  -Kenneth

* Re: Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-11-12 21:51     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-12 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Jacker; +Cc: khj, emacs-orgmode

Hi Kenneth,

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

> Great minds think alike?  ;-)
>
> That's what I ended up using soon after my ML posting.

Great manual make great minds stumble upon solutions :)

>   bzg> but the presence of the repeater will still let the TODO state
>   bzg> switch to the next one, namely "TODO".
>
> Yes.
>
> I'm still a bit baffled by the behavior of "repeaters" ...
>
>   bzg> Maybe we should introduce a way to ignore the repeater -- is anyone
>   bzg> missing this too?
>
> Not that important to me ... at least for now ... still trying to learn
> how to use the more basic (viz., task scheduling) elements within Org.

FWIW, I implemented an experimental solution.

You can apply the patch you'll find here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/78700

Then use C-- 1 C-c C-t to switch to a DONE state even for repeating
events.  I'll surely apply the patch on master soon, I'm still waiting
for some feedback.

Thanks in advance for testing it if you can.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-11-13 13:02       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-13 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Jacker; +Cc: khj, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> You can apply the patch you'll find here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/78700
>
> Then use C-- 1 C-c C-t to switch to a DONE state even for repeating
> events.  I'll surely apply the patch on master soon, I'm still waiting
> for some feedback.

It's now in master, thanks.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-11-14 19:04         ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2013-11-14 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: khj, Kenneth Jacker, Org Mode

Hi Bastien

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>> You can apply the patch you'll find here:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/78700
>>
>> Then use C-- 1 C-c C-t to switch to a DONE state even for repeating
>> events.  I'll surely apply the patch on master soon, I'm still waiting
>> for some feedback.
>
> It's now in master, thanks.

release_8.2.3b-207-g1eb03c8 =

1eb03c8c87de9ccd0506ed90c4938240f5eb9fc2 is the first bad commit
commit 1eb03c8c87de9ccd0506ed90c4938240f5eb9fc2
Author: Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org>
Date:   Wed Nov 13 13:56:12 2013 +0100

    org.el: Allow C--1 C-c C-t to set repeated tasks to a done state

broke org-todo on

    * TODO a
      SCHEDULED: <2013-11-14 Thu ++1w>

Michael

* Re: Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-11-14 22:40           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-14 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: khj, Kenneth Jacker, Org Mode

Hi Michael,

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> Author: Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org>
> Date:   Wed Nov 13 13:56:12 2013 +0100
>
>     org.el: Allow C--1 C-c C-t to set repeated tasks to a done state
>
> broke org-todo on
>
>     * TODO a
>       SCHEDULED: <2013-11-14 Thu ++1w>

Fixed, thanks.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Using Multiple TODO Keywords
@ 2013-11-15  7:25             ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2013-11-15  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: khj, Kenneth Jacker, Org Mode

Hi Bastien

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:
>> Author: Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org>
>> Date:   Wed Nov 13 13:56:12 2013 +0100
>>
>>     org.el: Allow C--1 C-c C-t to set repeated tasks to a done state
>>
>> broke org-todo on
>>
>>     * TODO a
>>       SCHEDULED: <2013-11-14 Thu ++1w>
>
> Fixed, thanks.