* Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention
@ 2013-12-02 14:16 Toni Cebrián
From: Toni Cebrián @ 2013-12-02 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

   I have my own complex Emacs configuration files developed over time when
working in a Linux environment. You can see that
https://github.com/tonicebrian/emacsconfig in case you are curious. It
works seamlessly in Linux and I tried to use that as-is when working in
Windows. Emacs in Windows reads that configuration and fires up also
without any warning. The problem comes when I try to open a complex Org
file, with some links in it. I don't know why, but Tramp is fired and tries
to ssh to the machines in one URL within a link element that has the form "
http://machine:8080/more/levels".

I don't even have the (require 'tramp) in my init.el file so this is
something the Org mode plugging is doing by itself. By the way, the org
mode version I have is org-20131202 from elpa and Emacs is 24.3.1 for
Windows. Do you know where to look or what to try? This same Org file, the
same init.el and the same emacs version work without any problem in Linux.

Any clues?

* Re: Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention
@ 2013-12-03  9:07 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2013-12-03  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toni Cebrián; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Toni Cebrián <ancechu@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Toni,

> I have my own complex Emacs configuration files developed over time
> when working in a Linux environment. You can see that
> https://github.com/tonicebrian/emacsconfig in case you are curious. It
> works seamlessly in Linux and I tried to use that as-is when working
> in Windows. Emacs in Windows reads that configuration and fires up
> also without any warning. The problem comes when I try to open a
> complex Org file, with some links in it. I don't know why, but Tramp
> is fired and tries to ssh to the machines in one URL within a link
> element that has the form "http://machine:8080/more/levels".
>
> I don't even have the (require 'tramp) in my init.el file so this is
> something the Org mode plugging is doing by itself. By the way, the
> org mode version I have is org-20131202 from elpa and Emacs is 24.3.1
> for Windows. Do you know where to look or what to try? This same Org
> file, the same init.el and the same emacs version work without any
> problem in Linux.
>
> Any clues?

I guess something of the decoded URL, like "/machine:8080", is treated
as remote file name Tramp feels responsible for.

Could you please send a short example file which triggers the bug? I
would try to debug it then.

Please note that I don't use org regularly, so some comments on what to
do with that file would be helpful.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention
@ 2013-12-06 13:59 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-12-06 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toni Cebrián; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Toni,

Toni Cebrián <ancechu@gmail.com> writes:

> Do you know where to look or what to try? This same Org
> file, the same init.el and the same emacs version work without any
> problem in Linux.

This is weird: I would first try with a bare emacs -Q and only the
culprit link in Org.  Then with a more complex .emacs.el, bisecting
step by step.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention
@ 2013-12-11 17:32   ` Toni Cebrián
From: Toni Cebrián @ 2013-12-11 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode