Maxim Nikulin writes: > I have tried adaptive design tool in firefox. Currently I would > rather complain concerning the size of the unicorn logo. It > consumes whole screen when emulation of a phone and landscape > orientation is selected. I expect more informative greeting. Oh my. I just checked that out and it looks ridiculous. I seem to have accidentally messed with the mobile styling at some point, should be easy to get it to behave sensibly again though. > In the meanwhile I spent some time trying to figure out what is > considered as the best practice to distinguish mobile/large > screen device. I did not expect that there is still nothing more > than viewport width. Blog posts recommended on stackoverflow > have mostly mobile-first design with oversized fonts on normal > monitor so I could not take them seriously. Finally I realized > that MDN (developer.mozilla.org) pages looks quite neat even > though they have lager fonts for headers in desktop layout than > in mobile mode. So font size is quite subtle entity in respect > to perception. Media queries + relative units I think can be good in this regard. > There is something wrong with nav and banner padding and > margins. Firefox in adaptive design mode shows a white stripe > between them when navigation menu is collapsed. Yep, I see this. Seems like another thing in need to re-addressing. > I should say that I am impressed (unsure in a positive or a > negative way however) by the hack with checkbox to show and hide > the navigation menu. But certainly I appreciate that it works > with disabled javascript. Before I was aware only of > and for a similar effect. 😁 > I was unlucky enough to open the page in a browser window of > such width that bottom banner line resembles a continuous string > of text with uniformly altering bold/normal text "maintained by > *Bastien Guerry* and developed by *many others.* Support via" > and "LibrePay" is more bright again. It is just an opinion. Hmm. That sounds non-ideal. I think we can play around with the styling for this though, e.g. increase the line height, add a margin to offset, etc. Once again, many thanks for your feedback! Timothy.