Hi Tom, > From time to time I encounter random patterns that I don’t want to be > reformatted during a fill operation. Maybe a custom variable like > org-fill-paragraph-skip-regexp or similar that could be set by the user? > For Timothy’s use case he would set it to the regexp provided in the > original patch? Not sure how much of the implementation in the patch > is dependent on that particular regexp, but a general solution that > could even be set per org file might be a very useful new feature. Hmmm, that’s an interesting idea. I suppose you could have something like a list of cons cells where the car is a regexp matching the start of the “don’t touch” region and the cdr a regexp matching the end. All the best, Timothy