* [ANN] Looking for new maintainers for ox-latex.el (LaTeX export library)
@ 2023-02-01 11:50 Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-01 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[ This call is for __LaTeX__ exporter, unlike similar earlier call for
  HTML exporter ]

Hello,

I have been informed that our current ox-latex maintainer will no longer
able to perform his duties in full extent.

We thus need volunteers to help maintaining Org LaTeX export library -
lisp/ox-latex.el

Helping with the related ox-beamer.el will also be appreciated.

We need people fluent with Elisp with FSF copyright assignment (or
willing to sign it).

----

You do not need to be an expert of the functionality in the file or to
actively improve the file. Just take care of bug reports and feature
requests against this file by participating in the discussion on the
list.

You are not strictly required to follow the mailing list closely and
watch for the relevant emails. When necessary, the relevant messages
will be directly forwarded to your email.

[ see more details at https://orgmode.org/worg/org-maintenance.html ]

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: [ANN] Looking for new maintainers for ox-latex.el (LaTeX export library)
@ 2023-02-02 10:58 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-02-02 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Ihor,

I am happy to help with both ox-latex and ox-beamer with two caveats: my
time at certain times of the year is very limited (as you know as there
is still an outstanding item for ox-beamer that I have not been able to
address since October or longer) and my elisp-fu is sometimes not up to
scratch.  However, I do have useful LaTeX & beamer expertise which can
be useful.

I do monitor the mailing list religiously. :-)

eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.1-199-g7ad779 in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: [ANN] Looking for new maintainers for ox-latex.el (LaTeX export library)
@ 2023-02-02 11:08   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-02 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric, Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> I am happy to help with both ox-latex and ox-beamer with two caveats: my
> time at certain times of the year is very limited (as you know as there
> is still an outstanding item for ox-beamer that I have not been able to
> address since October or longer) and my elisp-fu is sometimes not up to
> scratch.  However, I do have useful LaTeX & beamer expertise which can
> be useful.

Thanks!
CCing Bastien.

Note that we also got one more volunteer who replied off-list.

> I do monitor the mailing list religiously. :-)

Oh, yeah. 3000+ messages... 🤩

--

@ 2023-08-05  9:30 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-05  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Leo Butler, Fraga, Eric,
	Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez, Bastien

> We thus need volunteers to help maintaining Org LaTeX export library -
> lisp/ox-latex.el

This is a very late followup...

Leo Butler, Eric Fraga, and Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez previously
expressed an interest in maintaining lisp/ox-latex.el.

If you are still into it, please submit a patch adding yourself to
;; Maintainer: line in lisp/ox-latex.el.

Bastien can then help you with getting write access to Org repo.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,