* Properties drawer at buffer/file level
@ 2024-07-29 16:02 Sébastien Gendre
From: Sébastien Gendre @ 2024-07-29 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If I set a property with `(org-set-property)' when the point is at the
top of a buffer, before any heading, I got a property drawer inserted at
in the first line of the buffer.

But if I already have buffer settings, like "#+TITLE:", the property
drawer is put before these settings.

Is it possible to tell Org-mode to put the buffer properties drawer after
the buffer settings ?

More context:

I try to use Org-roam to take notes about books I read. With this, I got
1 file per book, with the title of the book set as buffer setting
"#+TITLE:".

But when I add other information (like author, editor, etc)
into a property drawer of my note, these additional info are inserted
before the title.

On a new note, I got this:

     :PROPERTIES:
     :ID:       A-unique-ID
     :Author:   Author Name
     :Editor:   Editor Name
     :END:
     #+Title: Book title

Instead of this:

     #+Title: Book title
     :PROPERTIES:
     :ID:       A-unique-ID
     :Author:   Author Name
     :Editor:   Editor Name
     :END:

Which is visually very different from what I got when the property
drawer is set for a heading. And the actual result feel less intuitive
than what I got with heading.

Best regards

-------
Gendre Sébastien