From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: org mode vs basecamp
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:05:19 +0100	[thread overview]

cezar@mixandgo.ro writes:

> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
>> which might be added to Org[1] so that an .org file can be exported in
>> .ics and so that this .ics resource can be useful as a shared resource
>> for collaboration.  You can already use it like this (i do), but maybe
>> some other keywords (like the two above) would be nice to have.
>
> I think we can allready export to ics ! I remember doing it. In the
> agenda view.

Sorry I didn't express myself very well.

Of course Org already know how to export an .org file to .ics.  My point
was: if you want to use the ouput .ics file as a basis for collaboration
then you might want that Org export keywords like ATTENDEE in the .ics
file.

As I added in the footnote, I think the set of properties that Org will
export for each iCal entry should be customizable, because people might
have different properties for the same .ics keywords, or might want to
skip keywords that are not relevant to their use of the .ics file.

>> [1]  I'm not sure this as to be native in Org.  Maybe an option saying
>>      what property of en entry should be exported to a .ics keyword is
>>      needed at some point.
>
> Maybe scan todo.ics at start time ? to see if anything was added.

No, this is not what I mean.  I was saying that the set of keywords
(those necessary to use the .ics file as a basis for collaboration)
should not be rigid, if such keywords are to be implemented someday.

I was not speaking about something that already exists.

But maybe what i said will be clearer if you try to use the .ics file
for collaboration.   Don't forget to make a tutorial of how successful
you were in doing this :)

--
Bastien