On Sunday, 8 Apr 2018 at 13:57, Samuel Wales wrote: > On 4/8/18, Diego Zamboni wrote: >>> off topic here, but the problem with visual-line-mode for me is that >>> at least in 24.4 it does not respect fill column. this is a > >>> dealbreaker. i stick with m-q. >> >> It still doesn’t (I’m using 25.3.2), but I have become used to adjusting the >> width of my Emacs window to match what I want to do - make it full-width for >> coding, and half- or two-thirds for prose. The lines then adjust to the >> width of the window automatically. > > not possible for me for accessibility reasons. emacs does understand > pixels, so it should be possible. > What I do, when I want distraction free writing, is expand the fringes to take up whatever amount of screen space I wish. cf set-fringe-mode -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-347-gd73a5e