Hi everyone, Bumping this, since I forgot to put "PATCH" in the subject line before. Richard Lawrence writes: > Here is a patch for this issue. It uses a narrower regex to match a time > range. This regex requires time ranges to have ":MM" or an AM/PM > specification in the end time, to prevent mangling strings that are > interpreted as dates, like "11-12". > > This patch is a minimal change that gets the code working in the way > that seems to have been intended, so it seems worth applying to maint. > > However, the way the code is intended to work doesn't seem right to me, > because it simply throws away time range information at the time prompt. > If you enter a time range like "13:00-14:00" at the time prompt, you > will get a timestamp with "13:00" for the time when the %T template is > expanded. (This is because org-capture-set-target-location uses the > beginning of the entered time range to set :default-time, which must be > an encoded time value, and there is no obvious way to set a time range.) > This is a surprising contrast with the behavior of %^T, which preserves > the time range information in the timestamp entered. But fixing this > will be a larger change and possibly requires some discussion. -- Best, Richard