From: Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com>
To: Jeff Kowalski <jeff.kowalski@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, bhavin7392@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Bug: Duplicate logbook entry for repeated tasks [9.4.6 (9.4.6-gab9f2a @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4.6/)]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 10:16:39 -0300	[thread overview]

Hi Jeff,

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 at 23:22, Jeff Kowalski <jeff.kowalski@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I can confirm the same is happening here for me with Org mode version
> 9.4.6
> (9.4.6-4-g093c94-elpa @ /home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20210607/) on GNU
> Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
> cairo
> version 1.16.0) of 2021-06-16
> The duplicate LOGBOOK entries also seem to be messing up the graphical
> display of habit records in the agenda.  Deleting the duplicates
> returns
> the habit display to expected output.  I'd be happy to share details
> of
> that symptom, but the root cause seems to clearly be the duplicates in
> the
> LOGBOOK

Thanks for confirming and for the habits info.  So that's what was
happening with my consistency graphs.  I had indeed been noticing they
felt "off", but I eventually reverted to 9.4.4 because of the duplicate
entries and forgot about it.  It seems then that this got solved for me
not by the reverting itself but by me removing the duplicate entries in
the LOGBOOK.

Would clocking reports be affected too? (I'm not personally an user of
clocking, so I don't really know).

Perhaps a "lint" for LOGBOOK duplicates would be a good idea alongside
with the fix, so that people could go about fixing their data with a
little more convenience?

Best regards,
Gustavo.