* org-insert-heading-before-current
@ 2022-06-29 22:13 Tyler Grinn
From: Tyler Grinn @ 2022-06-29 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

In general, I like to order my headings from newest to oldest top to
bottom. I'm looking for a function which will prepend a heading at the
current level in the current subtree. Some examples:

              * Subtree              * Subtree
              ** Item 2      >>>     ** |
              ** Item 1|             ** Item 2
                                     ** Item 1

              * Parent               * Parent
              ** Child|              ** |
              *** Item 2     >>>     ** Child
              *** Item 1             *** Item 2
                                     *** Item 1

Best,

Tyler

* Re: org-insert-heading-before-current
@ 2022-07-08  6:58 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-07-08  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tyler Grinn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Tyler Grinn <tylergrinn@gmail.com> writes:

> In general, I like to order my headings from newest to oldest top to
> bottom. I'm looking for a function which will prepend a heading at the
> current level in the current subtree. Some examples:
>

>               * Subtree              * Subtree
>               ** Item 2      >>>     ** |
>               ** Item 1|             ** Item 2
>                                      ** Item 1

One can implement this using prefix arguments for org-insert-heading.
Similar to the existing C-u and C-u C-u arguments (see the docstring of
org-insert-heading).

Patches are welcome. (If you find this feature sufficiently important,
feel free to implement this new functionality and submit the patch)

Best,
Ihor