* Link Abbreviations with Org-Attach
@ 2024-09-23 18:27 Kepa
From: Kepa @ 2024-09-23 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Is it possible to use org-attachments with link abbreviation definitions?

I'm testing it, and it seems not to work. I'm referring to elements like these:

* 1 Link Abbreviation Definition
#+LINK: shortcut /path/to/folder/

* 2 Attachment Directory Property doesn't work
:PROPERTIES:
:DIR: shortcut:file.el
:END:

Best regards

* Re: Link Abbreviations with Org-Attach
@ 2024-10-12 18:06 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-10-12 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kepa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Kepa <gnu.cognition199@slmails.com> writes:

> Is it possible to use org-attachments with link abbreviation definitions?
>
> I'm testing it, and it seems not to work. I'm referring to elements like these:
>
> * 1 Link Abbreviation Definition
> #+LINK: shortcut /path/to/folder/
>
> * 2 Attachment Directory Property doesn't work
> :PROPERTIES:
> :DIR: shortcut:file.el
> :END:

:DIR: value must be a directory path, not an Org link.
So, what you are asking for is not supported.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* RE: Link Abbreviations with Org-Attach
@ 2024-10-12 20:27   ` Kepa
From: Kepa @ 2024-10-12 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Ihor,

I've moved on, and I probably won't need that feature.

I placed a file in :DIR: by mistake. The same question applied to a directory in :DIR: was the correct.
> --
> Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
> Org mode contributor,
> Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.