* Commenting a diary sexp line??
@ 2011-07-19  5:11 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2011-07-19  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

The following is in one of my Agenda files, I guess.  Is there any way to
comment it out, so that it is not evaluated and displayed in the agenda.
This seems to be displayed for every day.  I wanted to start a list of
various functions, but this one seems to be preeminent.

Thank you,

Alan Davis

* Re: Commenting a diary sexp line??
@ 2011-07-19  5:13 ` Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2011-07-19  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Here's the attempt to comment, and the line:

** [2011-05-24 Tue 10:23] Sexp for an Org-mode reocurring appointment, only
on weekdays
   Published in: Emacs Lisp, [[
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sexp-Diary-Entries.html][here
]]
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
:,----
:|     * APPT Daily Scrum
:|     <%%(let ((dayname (calendar-day-of-week date))(day (car (cdr
date))))(memq dayname '(1 2 3 4 5)))>
:|    [2009-07-01 Wed]
:`----
#+END_EXAMPLE

@ 2011-07-19  5:48   ` Michael Markert
From: Michael Markert @ 2011-07-19  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: org-mode

> Here's the attempt to comment, and the line:
>

> ** [2011-05-24 Tue 10:23] Sexp for an Org-mode reocurring appointment,
> only on weekdays Published in: Emacs Lisp, [[
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sexp-Diary-Entries.html][here
> ]]

What do you mean? What have you tried?

> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> :,----
> :|     * APPT Daily Scrum
> :|     <%%(let ((dayname (calendar-day-of-week date))(day (car (cdr date))))(memq dayname '(1 2 3 4 5)))>
> :|    [2009-07-01 Wed]
> :`----
> #+END_EXAMPLE

Anyway: Begin the org-sexp line with a `#' - the usual org comment character.

Michael

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: Commenting a diary sexp line??
@ 2011-07-19  9:54     ` suvayu ali
       [not found]       ` <CAF-1L2RxGYmVbFEDfHMsUCfukVQrt+eLLeiFeBVt1RaLZfhzOg@mail.gmail.com>
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-07-19  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Markert; +Cc: org-mode

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Michael Markert
<markert.michael@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> :|     * APPT Daily Scrum
>> :|     <%%(let ((dayname (calendar-day-of-week date))(day (car (cdr date))))(memq dayname '(1 2 3 4 5)))>
>> :|    [2009-07-01 Wed]
>> :`----
>> #+END_EXAMPLE
>
> Anyway: Begin the org-sexp line with a `#' - the usual org comment character.

I also faced this once and was expecting using the COMMENT keyword on
the headline will do the trick but it doesn't. I had to use # before
the sexp.

So my question is, should org be ignoring the COMMENT keyword on
headlines when a sexp is present. I would be inclined to call this a
bug as a scheduled headline would be ignored in the presence of
COMMENT.

--
Suvayu

* Fwd:  Commenting a diary sexp line??
       [not found]       ` <CAF-1L2RxGYmVbFEDfHMsUCfukVQrt+eLLeiFeBVt1RaLZfhzOg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-07-19 14:24         ` Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2011-07-19 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I finally Archived this subheading.  I am trying to get
org-mobile/mobile-org running on my new Android phone, and org-mobile-push
choked on three sexps.

Alan

@ 2011-07-22 13:42       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-22 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: org-mode, Michael Markert

Hi Suvayu,

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> So my question is, should org be ignoring the COMMENT keyword on
> headlines when a sexp is present. I would be inclined to call this a
> bug as a scheduled headline would be ignored in the presence of
> COMMENT.

Mh..  COMMENT originally means "do not export".  But I understand your
proposal.  I'm reluctant to implement this as I think you can already
set up your custom agenda views to ignore COMMENT headlines.

But I'm open to suggestions.

 Bastien

* Re: Commenting a diary sexp line??
@ 2011-07-22 15:59         ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-07-22 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org-mode, Michael Markert

Hi Bastien,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> I think you can already
> set up your custom agenda views to ignore COMMENT headlines.

Could you point me to it? I did an apropos search for "org agenda
ignore" but all I could find was ignoring based on timestamps.

Suvayu

* Re: Commenting a diary sexp line??
@ 2011-07-23  1:15           ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-07-23  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

,----
| org-agenda-skip-comment-trees is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
| Its value is t
|
| Documentation:
| Non-nil means skip trees that start with the COMMENT keyword.
| When nil, these trees are also scanned by agenda commands.
`----

?

Memnon

* Re: Commenting a diary sexp line??
@ 2011-07-23 22:39             ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-07-23 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Memnon,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Memnon Anon
<gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ,----
> | org-agenda-skip-comment-trees is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
> | Its value is t
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Non-nil means skip trees that start with the COMMENT keyword.
> | When nil, these trees are also scanned by agenda commands.
> `----

Sorry I forgot to respond.

I checked my settings, it is set to the default value: t. It works fine. :)

--
Suvayu