Tim writes: > At Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:16:53 +0200, > Nicolas Goaziou wrote: >> > Is there any way to have carriage returns within the text of the >> > macro ? >> >> No, there isn't. Macros target small substitutions. >> >> > I have already tried using the #+BEGIN_ODT...#+END_ODT construct, but that >> > *really* messes with the format of the text within it. >> >> What do you mean? I don't know odt exporter very well, but contents of >> the block should be included as-is. >> > If I put several lines into an #+BEGIN_ODT..#+END_ODT block, all whitespace > formating is lost. A list like > > - List one > - List two > - List three > > becomes > > - List one - List two - List three > > This is why I started puting the formatting on each line, and rather than > type all of the with that i guess... still better than using a word processer ;-) > > Thanks > Tim The attached document shows how you can attach custom styles to standalone paragraphs and the paragraph within lists. You can export with and without ATTR_ODT lines and see whether it offers what you want. The changes are available from my git repository at Web URL: http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-kjn.git Pull URL: http://repo.or.cz/r/org-mode/org-kjn.git Note that the above URL is my own repository and not the official Orgmode's. I am CCing Nicolas. Just in case... > --