Hi, for quite a while I have this patch in my local org-mode branch. Now I find the time to share it. Given a table with several sections and a capture template for entries in this table. The sections are dynamic, so a static value for table-line-pos does not help. With this patch table-line-pos can be: - a string like "II-2" - a varialbe containing a string - or a function The function has to return a string which qualifies for table-line-pos This serves me well and I am using it for more than one year now. If you find it usefull then feel free to use it. I marked it as TINYCHANGE, but I have signed FSF papers. -- Bis neulich ... Thomas