Suvayu Ali writes: > On Sun, May 04, 2014 at 04:13:45PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote: >> I have these two symbols showing in my org-mode buffer with no >> problems >> ╭──── >> │ alpha (ER-α) and beta (ER-β) >> ╰──── >> >> but they are not exported to latex/pdf. How then can I do so please? > > The easiest solution is to use a modern TeX engine like XeTeX or LuaTeX > along with a font with the required glyphs. I personally use XeTeX with > Linux libertine fonts. You can find my setup here: > > > > Feel free to ask if anything is unclear. > Thanks for this, my initial thought was that I don't have either xetex or luatex, but after a bit of digging around I found that they are part of "texlive", which is already in debians repos, so I'll have a play with it in the morning. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.19