From: Jonathan Gregory <jgrg@autistici.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Orgmode Latex Export with Babel/LilyPond
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 14:56:12 -0300	[thread overview]

Hello

On 12 Jan 2020, adam <ahcnz@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> On Sun, 2020-01-12 at 10:43 +1300, adam wrote:

>> > Thank you. I'll look inside ob-lilypond.el  for clues, variables to be defined.
>> >

>> > Org-mode version 9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65 ...) @ /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org
>> > on Ubuntu 18.04
>> >
>> > $ find / -name "ob*.el"     locates only the ob-lilypond.el  I downloaded from github
>> >

>> > Maybe I need a (require 'lilypond) somewhere, I was thinking.
>> >

>> > Its a new system here. Emacs was installed with Ubuntu's software manager, lilypond
>> > was installed with $ sudo apt install lilypond     Neither were built from source.
>> >

>> OK, my bad.  When I look inside  ob-lilypond.el  I find I pulled a page of markup
>> stuff.
>> Will grab a proper  ob-lilypond.el    That will improve matters.
>

> Improvement with correct  ob-lilypond.el   Now the (org-babel-do-load-languages ..)
> doesn't cause Emacs to report error at Emacs start-up.
>
> Presently, with examples  modal-cycle.org  modal-cycle-2.org  modes-in-key-of-C.org
> I can  C-c C-e l p  export to PDF, but there's no music symbols.
>
> Also I have no M-x ly-*  commands available.
>
> Org Customize Option, babel, lilypond, for  org-babel-lilypond-commands  is set to  nil

That page was published 9 years ago by Martyn Jago. Some of the code in it no longer works with recent versions of Org and LilyPond. Also, the source files used in the examples reside in the author's github page (not editable in worg), so if you want to try them out you may have to make the adjustments yourself prior to running the code. In any case, I pushed a few edits which I think makes the tutorial easier to follow.

--
Jonathan