From: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
To: Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
Cc: Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-adapt-indentation default should be nil [legibility 3/6]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 22:52:08 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Samuel,

thanks for your feedback.

> obviously, as a default not indenting text as you seem to propose is
> good for newcomers.

Perhaps, we will see!

> as for org as it is now, with a mixture of at least 3 indentation
> styles in the wild, idk.

What I observed is that some users will turn M-x org-indent RET just
to have planning lines displayed correctly (i.e. visually indented),
while still willing to let the subtree text not indented at all.

You can now have this without running org-indent, which I think is an
improvement - we'll see.

Best,

--
 Bastien