* Section about latex export is broken in the html manual?
@ 2020-04-28 19:19 Niclas Borlin
From: Niclas Borlin @ 2020-04-28 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

As far as I can tell, several links of section 10.13 LaTeX Export
(https://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-Export.html) are broken (last checked

The first four links on the page point to useful pages, i.e., clicking
on "Quoting LaTeX code:" will get you to
https://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-LaTeX-code.html#Quoting-LaTeX-code,
that contains section 13.10.4 Quoting LaTeX code.

However, from the link "Tables in LaTeX export" downwards, you are
linked back to the same page. For instance, clicking on "Tables in LaTeX
export" will get you to
https://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-Export.html#Tables-in-LaTeX-export. (I
suspect the content of the page should be an updated version of
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Tables-in-LaTeX-export.html.)

I suspect this is a link naming issue in the .org version of the manual.
Can anyone fix this?

Thanks,
/Niclas

* Re: Section about latex export is broken in the html manual?
@ 2020-04-29  1:31 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2020-04-29  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Niclas Borlin <niclas.borlin@cs.umu.se> writes:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I can tell, several links of section 10.13 LaTeX Export
> (https://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-Export.html) are broken (last
> checked 2020-04-28 19:15 UTC).
>
> The first four links on the page point to useful pages, i.e., clicking
> on "Quoting LaTeX code:" will get you to
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-LaTeX-code.html#Quoting-LaTeX-code,
> that contains section 13.10.4 Quoting LaTeX code.
>
> However, from the link "Tables in LaTeX export" downwards, you are
> linked back to the same page. For instance, clicking on "Tables in
> LaTeX export" will get you to
> https://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-Export.html#Tables-in-LaTeX-export. (I
> suspect the content of the page should be an updated version of
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Tables-in-LaTeX-export.html.)
>
> I suspect this is a link naming issue in the .org version of the
> manual. Can anyone fix this?

I can confirm your findings, but I don't see anything wrong in the
.org version of the manual: I exported it to .html locally and that
works fine. But I'm not sure what happens on the way from one's local
system to the site.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler