Hi Rudolf, Thanks for testing the branch :) > ISSUE 1: CLIPPING > > On my HiDPI screen, the new previews are clipped slightly at the edges. > I had this issue before and fixed it in [1][2]. Has the same bug crept > back? > > [1] > [2] We’re thinking of adding `--exact-bbox' to the default `dvisvgm' flags, which it seems has a good chance of resolving this. It was originally swapped for `--bbox=preview' (when using `dvisvgm' to get dimension info), but now we do this via the LaTeX compilation stdout, and so we can go back to `--exact-bbox'. > ISSUE 2: TIKZ > > I use LaTeX Babel blocks for TikZ, and these stopped working. From the > *Messages* buffer: > > Executing Latex unknown at position 846… > Processing LaTeX file /var/folders/ky/8r5j3qz55hb94lpg1jr9vl1c0000gn/T/babel-ntjCLq/latex-aGIYEN.tex… > Compiling /var/folders/ky/8r5j3qz55hb94lpg1jr9vl1c0000gn/T/babel-ntjCLq/latex-aGIYEN.tex… > org-compile-file: File “/var/folders/ky/8r5j3qz55hb94lpg1jr9vl1c0000gn/T/babel-ntjCLq/latex-aGIYEN.svg” wasn’t producedorg babel latex failed > PDF file produced. > > The linked LaTeX file compiles without errors, and a PDF file with > correct content sits next to it. Perhaps the preview system needs to > wait longer? Hmmm, not sure what’s going on. Care to provide a MWE? > [Also notice the missing space in “producedorg”.] > > It would be *FABULOUS* if this patch-set could also make ’ob-babel’ use > the same mechanism as the new previews, ’dvisvgm’ (TeX to DVI to SVG) > instead of Inkscape (TeX to PDF to SVG). It would fix, for example, > scaling. On my system, LaTeX Babel outputs everything at half of the > correct size, and I cannot convince Inkscape to scale up to save my > life. The previews and ’dvisvgm’ work as expected, conversely. The hard part was the overhauled machinery, hooking up the new system to ob-babel should be possible without too much hassle. It might need to wait for another patch-set though (this one is already at ~100 commits and a few thousand lines changed). > It would be *SUPER-FABULOUS* if the new previews worked with TikZ out of > the box, as per the Org manual saying “any LaTeX environment is handled” > [1] when not using MathJax. Currently, PGF plots show as “blobs of > letters” and the simplest TikZ pictures, such as > > \begin{tikzpicture} > \filldraw (0, 0) circle[radius = 1cm]; > \end{tikzpicture} > > make the preview system choke with > > error in process filter: org-latex-preview–svg-make-fg-currentColor: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil > error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil I tried this example on my computer, and it worked flawlessly (see ). If you could give me a stacktrace, that might help. All the best, Timothy -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .