* Weekly Repeat Appointment scheduling for fixed date range
@ 2008-07-30 19:12 RC
From: RC @ 2008-07-30 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
 I would like to schedule an appointment that repeats weekly (actually to repeat
Tuesday, Thursday, or Monday, Wednesday, Friday) with a fixed ending time and
over a fixed range of dates. The following just repeated the appointment for
every day in the date interval:
<2008-08-26 Tue 10:00-11:00 +1w>-<2008-12-09 Tue 10:00-11:00 +1w>

I wanted to check if one of you had a solution, before I tried writing an emacs
diary sexp function.

Thanks.
Recif

* Re: Weekly Repeat Appointment scheduling for fixed date range
@ 2008-07-31 23:30 ` RC
From: RC @ 2008-07-31 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

RC <recif <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>  I would like to schedule an appointment that repeats weekly (actually to
> repeat Tuesday, Thursday, or Monday, Wednesday, Friday) with a fixed ending
> time and over a fixed range of dates. The following just repeated the
> appointment for every day in the date interval:
> <2008-08-26 Tue 10:00-11:00 +1w>-<2008-12-09 Tue 10:00-11:00 +1w>
>
> I wanted to check if one of you had a solution, before I tried writing
> an emacs diary sexp function.
>
> Thanks.
> Recif

 To follow up on my earlier post. I modified the diary-schedule function at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/DiaryMode to select more than one
dayname (e.g. Tuesday and Thursday) and a time-period, over a block of dates.
I am trying to figure out how to include this function in an org file, similar
to what can be done with built-in diary functions,
e.g <%%(diary-block 8 25 2008 12 12 2008)>.
I would welcome any suggestions on how to do this.

@ 2008-08-01  2:33   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-08-01  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RC; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

RC <recif@yahoo.com> writes:

> RC <recif <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>  I would like to schedule an appointment that repeats weekly (actually to
>> repeat Tuesday, Thursday, or Monday, Wednesday, Friday) with a fixed ending
>> time and over a fixed range of dates. The following just repeated the
>> appointment for every day in the date interval:
>> <2008-08-26 Tue 10:00-11:00 +1w>-<2008-12-09 Tue 10:00-11:00 +1w>
>>
>> I wanted to check if one of you had a solution, before I tried writing
>> an emacs diary sexp function.
>>

>  To follow up on my earlier post. I modified the diary-schedule function at
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/DiaryMode to select more than one
> dayname (e.g. Tuesday and Thursday) and a time-period, over a block of dates.
> I am trying to figure out how to include this function in an org file, similar
> to what can be done with built-in diary functions,
> e.g <%%(diary-block 8 25 2008 12 12 2008)>.
> I would welcome any suggestions on how to do this.

I don't think org-mode supports repeated entries with an end date (but I
could be wrong there).  For cases where I can just let it repeat forever
I just make one weekly repeater entry for each day (i.e. Monday,
Wednesday, Friday would be 3 tasks, which repeat weekly.)

It's not very elegant but it works (for me).

Maybe someone else on the list has a better idea...

-Bernt