Hi, Richard Lawrence writes: >> That being said, my gut feeling is that you have to define the data >> elsewhere. >> >> For example, to add a (sub)title to a odt document the field/keyword is >> defined in a file different from contents.xml and will just not be printed >> if used in contents.xml only. > > Hmm. But the citations are all just represented as > nodes...surely that doesn't have to be defined elsewhere? You are right. Also, oolatex inserts citations as plain text as well. As I recall, it can be done "semantically" and section 6.3 of the odt standard suggest that this may be true, but it's not immediately obvious how to do it. > I am now guessing that the problem is that you can't have one > inside another. Each paragraph is wrapped in a , but so are the > citations within it...maybe that is not correct and so LibreOffice > doesn't like it. I don't think can be nested cf. http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1415138_253892949 >> Also, the bibliography is not "correct" in the sense that if it was setup >> in the right semantic way, it would be gray in LO, like the TOC. > > Do you know what other markup is required in this case? It looks like > maybe the TOC is gray because it is marked with a "text:protected" > attribute, or maybe because it has an associated "OrgIndexSection" > style? It has to be formatted as a bibliography. http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-text_bibliography I've attached a minimal oolatex example (mk4ht oolatex test.tex) of \documentclass{article} \usepackage[english]{babel} \usepackage[authordate]{biblatex-chicago} \addbibresource{~/documents/literature/lit.bib} \begin{document} before \textcite[pre][post]{schulte12} and after \printbibliography \end{document} Hope it helps, Rasmus -- . . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding