On Monday, 9 Apr 2018 at 12:45, Kaushal Modi wrote: > On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 8:25 AM Eric S Fraga wrote: > >> >> Yes, because of byte code incompatibilities. Yes, I probably need to >> set up major version specific directories. Laziness on my part, I >> guess. Which is why I am happy for my comment to be ignored. ;-) >> > > OK, but I'll still leave this here in case anyone wants to do that (major > version specific elpa dir) :) Thanks for this. Helpful but I have one question: why the difference in placement of the code? I.e. why cannot I have the directory setting in my .emacs in both cases? Does emacs 27 initialise package before I do explicitly? Thanks again, eric -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-347-gd73a5e