Kyle Meyer writes: > Yeah, that looks to be the intended result of that thread. That > thread's patch was applied with a58a4f0ad (new source block header > argument :filelinkdescr, 2012-03-27). However, shortly after, that > treatment was intentionally changed (670c7f31c, 2012-03-31): > > simplified implementation of :file-desc header argument > > This will no longer insert the value of the :file header argument as > the description if the description is left blank (as this changes > the meaning of the :file header argument). > > The desc handling logic is moved to the `org-babel-result-to-file' > function. > > So, I'd say this is a documentation bug. Thanks for the clarification Kyle. I've attached a patch that I believe clarifies the documentation to match the current behavior. Matt