* could a :var header argument refer to a data table in another file?
@ 2021-04-29 12:22 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-04-29 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

TL;DR: I have the need to reference a table that is in another file to
pass as data to a src block in the current file.  Is this possible?
Hints welcome!

Longer version: I am running a series of numerical experiments, each of
which generates output files (using org syntax!).  I want to process the
data in those files for inclusion in a paper.  Now, I could write a
shell script which extracts all these data and collates them etc. but it
would be ideal if I could simply refer to a table in another file
directly.  The tables are all named although a given table in each
output file will have the same name (I hope that makes sense).

One thing that comes to mind is some elisp in the argument to the :var
header argument.  Is this possible?  I've not tried...

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.5-381-g17ef1b.dirty