Hi Tim, > A new version org 9.5 is going to be released this week. Not sure if > Emacs maintainers want to bundle this new version or prefer to just > continue with current 9.4 version. I suspect the latest 9.4 will be the > preferred version given 9.5 is only going to be released in the next day > or so. The 9.5 version will be in ELPA, so those interested can update > to it with minimal hassle. > > As far as I understand it, which version is bundled with Emacs is really > down to the Emacs maintainers and not the org maintainers. It’s worth noting that Org 9.5 is being released /for/ Emacs 28. Hence the recent merge-athon by Bastien. All the best, Timothy