Hi Everyone, It feels like we’re near a patch that would be good to merge. I would very much like to get feedback on what I proposed in my reply to Tom though (see below). >> That said, reducing the number of forms as Eric suggests would >> be a happy medium. > > Indeed, I’ve basically supported every form I could think of. I’m currently > inclined to cut it down to: > • 755 > • “rwxrw-r–” (`ls -l’ style) > • chmod style with `org-babel-tangle-default-mode’ and `file-modes-symbolic-to-number’ > > Maybe with (if anybody says they would like this) > • #o755 (elisp octal) > • 0755 (C octal) > • “rwx” = user perm, bit-or’d with `org-babel-tangle-default-mode’ for the rest > (i.e. `org-babel-tangle-default-mode’, but not exceeding the user perm) All the best, Timothy