* Output of R code block: only text or plot but not both? And only one "result" can be output?
@ 2024-06-03 13:47 Giuseppe Pagnoni
From: Giuseppe Pagnoni @ 2024-06-03 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am trying to have an R code block output both the results of a numerical
expression AND a plot, but if I set up the header arguments to display the
plot, the numerical outcome is not displayed.  A simple example:

#+begin_src R :file example.png :results output graphics file
  x <- rnorm(100)
  print(mean(x))
  hist(x)
#+end_src

Here I get the histogram plot back in the buffer, but NOT the result of
"print(mean(x))".   Is it not possible to get both?

Furthermore, what if I wanted to display *two* or more plots that get built
by the code, for instance:

#+begin_src R :file example.png :results output graphics file
  x <- rnorm(100)
  print(mean(x))
  hist(x)
  hist(x^2)
#+end_src

Here, only the last plot gets displayed.  Is it not possible to display
more than 1 plot?

many thanks in advance for any help

giuseppe
--
Giuseppe Pagnoni
Dip. Scienze Biomediche, Metaboliche e Neuroscienze