From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: Erik Hetzner <egh@e6h.org>
	Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Using org-mode for recipes (i.e. cooking)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:01:05 -0700	[thread overview]

On Tue, Mar 29 2011, Erik Hetzner wrote:

> At Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:47:46 +0800,
> Le Wang wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm fairly new to org-mode, and I only use it as an outliner / note
>> taking tool.  It seems recipes, being a list of ingredients and a
>> series of steps is a perfect match for org-mode.

[...]

> Hi,
>
> This is only tangentially related, but I will bring it up anyhow.
>
> First, I use org-mode to keep my recipes. Here is the format I use:

[...]

> and so on. I have some methods to convert units back & forth from
> metric & narrow a recipe to ingredients only, though I think this is
> probably not really useful. I would be happy to provide this if you
> like.

Sorry this is a little old, but if you're still willing to provide some
functions, I'd like to see them! I'm using org mode to keep track of
baking recipes, which are traditionally recorded as ratios of ingredient
weights, which are then used to calculate an actual recipe based on how
much dough you want. Any food for thought regarding programmatic
manipulation of properties would be very welcome…

Eric