On Tue, Feb 28 2012, Bernt Hansen wrote: > This patch needs a changelog entry in the commit text and a long > description would also be appreciated. The long description allows us > to see the purpose of the patch and how to use it without the necessity > to read and parse any of the code changes. Ok, I've done a changelog entry. I hope this is what is expected. (Also fixed a minor bug in original patch and added better documentation to the new custom variable). The patch adds options to both org-clock and org-timer regarding how the current clock/timer is displayed. Currently they are both displayed in the mode line. This is not ideal since if you split your window horizontally then the mode line becomes quite short so often the clock is truncated and the timer might not even be visible. The new options control whether the clock/timer is displayed in the mode line and/or frame title. The frame title is usually wasted space for people running a graphical version of emacs so it is quite useful there I think.