From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: Bingo UV <right.ho@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: syncing my life (orgmode :)) to a mobile (android) device..cant find a holistic reliable way..how do you guys manage to do it?
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 12:09:49 +0000	[thread overview]

On Saturday,  5 Dec 2015 at 23:13, Bingo UV wrote:

[...]

> Hi Eric,
>     Do you not find pandora too slow to run Emacs? My Asus EEEPC with
>     celeron 900 MHz takes over a minute to generate agenda with 100-150
>     kB of org files, not too complicated. Exporting to HTML too takes
>     minutes for 30 kB org file. My guess is that 1GHz ARM of pandora
>     should be much slower than this.
>
> Do you have some trick up your sleeve to speed it up, or do you make do
> with slow pandora? Have you hacked it to increase memory?

The Pandora is indeed slow when compared with some of my other systems
and, to make matters even more extreme, I only have the 600 MHz rebirth
edition, overclocked to 800 MHz.

I do alter my working approach when using it but I do so not only
because of the speed but also because of the keyboard and the
display.  It is very much not a desktop or laptop replacement.  For me,
it's about data at hand anywhere/everywhere and for taking notes and
processing emails.  Oh, and listening to music :-)

The only concession, with respect to org, that I make is to use sticky
agenda views to avoid the long delay in generating each view.

The Pyra will help, being significantly faster, but the screen and
keyboard will still be small so I doubt my use will change dramatically.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3.2-362-g11291f