The reason why I clock in and expect to end up clocked out (albeit with the Clock Resolution) is perhaps a bit strange. I do this because I sync my Org files between my computers, and this leaves me with a dangling clock once in a while. Clocking out to fix this doesn't work ("No active clock"), and the way I fix this is by clocking in, since the Clock Resolution Command is very helpful in fixing idle minutes. Then, I cancel the current clock so that I end up clocked-out. However, the wording of the popup menu suggests that the uppercase letters should do this already.