Some precision about the time: I'm actually finishing the last work I have to do for the school, so I will be very busy until December. Until them, I can only dedicate my breaks to the enhancement of the HTML exporter. Sébastien Gendre writes: > [[PGP Signed Part:Good signature from B586F7C77239E29E Sébastien Gendre (trust ultimate) created at 2024-08-28T03:29:14+0200 using RSA]] > > TL;DR: Plan to add features to HTML export, do I add them in the > built-in HTML exporter (as upstream contribution) ? Or as a > downloadable derived backend ? Which on do you prefer ? > > > Hello, > > I plan to use Org-publish to create a website from Org-mode files. And I > would have some features that are not provided by the built-in HTML > exporter. > > To add theses features, my first plan was to customize an org-publish > project. Using a custom preamble function, a custom completion function > and some new export options added to "org-export-options-alist". > > It's still a work in progress, but the more feature I add, the more I > think I need to add them in an export backend. > > So, my second plan is to create an export backend, derived from the > built-in HTML exporter. > > But maybe you would prefer that I add these new features as a > contribution to the built-in HTML exporter ? > > Here is what I plan to add, on each generated webpage, compared to what > the built-in HTML exporter already provide: > > - A side panel containing: > - A site web name and/or logo > - A search field for an local search engine > - A main navigation menu, built from a dedicated org-mode file > - A more "modern" look > - More special blocks available like: > - A question/answer bloc, where the answer is hidden > - Important, warning and tip blocks > - A generic hide-show bloc > - Tab to select which content to see > - Bibliography on a dedicated webpage when using org-publish > - A button to download the Org-mode file source of a webpage > - Possibility to set the home page, when there is no index.org > > As say above, I started it as a custom org-publish > project. You can found my work in progress here: > https://framagit.org/SebGen/org-documentation-template > > For now, the search engine use the software Pagefind: > https://pagefind.app > > And the menu is made from an org-mode file where first level heading > become menu item and links are simple org-mode links. > > > Best regards > > ------- > Gendre Sébastien > > [[End of PGP Signed Part]]