Andreas Burtzlaff writes: > The script does not generate the backlinks only the file system > structure, so it's not really useful, sorry. > It would make more sense to implement that properly as a major-mode and > make each directory update its state from the filesystem and the org file whenever it > becomes visible than to have to manually recreate the static representation > everytime the filesystem's structure or the org file's content changes. I know, but still. I have lot's of small to medium projects here and an Org-mode file for each project. All ressources are listed in the Org-file. To have the filetree in there is a good way to jump the source file in question and remember the code's structure easily a few weeks/months later. * Customer calls * `C-,' until I see the Org-file * M-RET to record the BUG/feature request * Jump to file in question easily. Another nice thing about it is, that the tree shows up in speedbar too. Maybe the idea could make a nice contribution too? `C-c C-c' to update the tree or include it dynamically. :) I modified the script a bit to exclude some files and directories: