Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The problem is that the new entity preview mechanism, which is brilliant by the way, has a problem with mathematical functions like log, min, sin. These are somehow interpreted and a special symbol inserted, a symbol that originally made no sense to me but now appears to be all the letters of the function superimposed. See the screenshot. I have looked at org-entities.el but do not quite understand how the translations happen so unfortunately cannot suggest a fix...