* Help with translating the new variable `org-clock-clocktable-language-setup'
@ 2011-02-13 13:03 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-13 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I've pushed a fix which introduces a new custom variable
`org-clock-clocktable-language-setup' - current value is:

(("en" "File" "L" "Timestamp" "Headline" "Time" "ALL" "Total time" "File time")
 ("fr" "Fichier" "N" "Horodatage" "Tâche" "Durée" "TOUT" "Durée totale" "Durée fichier"))

Now you can use :lang "fr" in clocktables to format your clocktable in
french.

Could people from various countries help with the translations of these
strings?

The format of each list in this alist is this:

        "en" : the two-characters language code
      "File" : For the _file_ column
         "L" : For the _level_ of the heading
 "Timestamp" : For the timestamp
  "Headline" : For the headline
      "Time" : For the time spent on the task
       "ALL" : Well, for "all".
"Total time" : For the total time of the clocktable
 "File time" : For the time spent on a task in a file

Thanks a lot in advance!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Help with translating the new variable `org-clock-clocktable-language-setup'
@ 2011-02-15 17:08 ` peter.frings
From: peter.frings @ 2011-02-15 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

("nl" "Bestand" "N" "Tijdstip" "Taak" "Duur" "ALLES" "Totale duur" "Duur bestand")

Note: the translation for Heading is similar to the french translation: it means "task". A literal translation would be "Kop" or "Hoofding".

Also note that a two-character code may not be enough to express the differences between similar languages such as dutch and flemish, UK english and US british, French and Canadian frenchs, ... Not that it matters that much...

Cheers,
Peter.
--
PROGRAMMEUR
Onbegrepen persoon die op een onbegrijpelijke manier een onbegrijpelijk probleem oplost, dat enkel door een programmeur gecreëerd kon worden.

* Re: Help with translating the new variable `org-clock-clocktable-language-setup'
@ 2011-02-15 17:30   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-15 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peter.frings; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Peter,

peter.frings@agfa.com writes:

> ("nl" "Bestand" "N" "Tijdstip" "Taak" "Duur" "ALLES" "Totale duur" "Duur bestand")
>
> Note: the translation for Heading is similar to the french translation: it
> means "task". A literal translation would be "Kop" or "Hoofding".

You're right.. fixed -- and I also fixed the french translation.

Thanks!

> Also note that a two-character code may not be enough to express the
> differences between similar languages such as dutch and flemish, UK english
> and US british, French and Canadian frenchs, ... Not that it matters that
> much...

You should be able to us "en-UK" or whatever.

--

@ 2011-02-15 17:43 ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2011-02-15 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Spanish:

("es" "Archivo" "N" "Fecha y hora" "Tarea" "Tiempo" "TODO" "Tiempo total" "Tiempo archivo")

I hope the "TODO" coincidence doesn't send org-mode into orbit.

@ 2011-02-15 23:49   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-15 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Pechiar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Juan,

Juan Pechiar <juan@pechiar.com> writes:

> ("es" "Archivo" "N" "Fecha y hora" "Tarea" "Tiempo" "TODO" "Tiempo total" "Tiempo archivo")

Added, thanks!

> I hope the "TODO" coincidence doesn't send org-mode into orbit.

It won't, as this "TODO" string will be inserted in a table.

Best,

--
 Bastien