From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com>
Cc: Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com>,
	emacs-orgmode@gnu.org,
	Thomas Renkert <tunnelblick@quantentunnel.de>
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Stackoverflow for Orgmode
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:27:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Absolutely. But what about sending once a week an automated email to
> the mailing list with the last not answered questions?

I'm not sure about this: in this case, will people answer on the
mailing list or on SO?   I'd rather have people answer on the ml,
and point to those answers (or to Worg's  sections) on SO.

I see SO as a place for newcomers -- the more newcomers joining
reading information on the mailing list / Worg, the better.

> That would keep the two even more in sync.

I doubt this is realistic.

Paying attention to questions on SO is fine, but IMHO keeping
things as centralized as possible is a higher priority, let's try
to avoid duplicate work!

Is there someone here regularily trying to answer questions on
SO?  If so, that'd ideal: this person could make sure interesting
questions/answers reach the right place any time.

> I do not think that one can submit questions to stackoverflow via
> email?

I don't know...  would be cool.

Best,

--